What does it actually mean to "boost" your immune system?
Our immune system is made up of so many moving parts. "Boosting" really just means balancing it. And like all things balanced, there's no single, fast-acting solution. But, it's never too late to start, so why not today?
The main lifestyle factors we need to concentrate on are sleep, stress management, and nutrition. Beyond washing your hands and getting more sleep, here are some other things that can help strengthen your immunity.
1. Eat more fruits and vegetables to flood your body with nutrients.
2. Stay hydrated with water. Be sure to drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily.
3. Wash your hands regularly and don't touch your face, mouth, nose or eyes unless you know your hands are clean.
4. Eat protein and stay away from all processed foods.
5. Reduce stress with exercise and calming practices such as yoga, meditation or prayer time.
6. Get plenty of sleep. Go to sleep before 10:30 pm for the best immune boost.
7. Try fasting or intermittent fasting for 12 to 20 hours daily to heal the gut and boost immunity.
8. Reduce or eliminate sugar from your diet. Sugar reduces immunity.
9. Add immune boosting herbs to your diet like garlic, ginger, turmeric and fermented foods.
10. Take Vitamin D3 as much as 5,000 IU depending on your blood levels.